Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Greetings from Curacao

As you can tell from my last couple of posts, I'm getting increasingly upset with politicians who do the wrong thing and make our lives worse off. I'm especially bitter about how so much of what government does is for the benefit of powerful insiders and has a negative impact on the less fortunate in society.

So the time has come for me to take a deep breath and appreciate the fact that I'm on a beautiful Caribbean island. I'm in Curacao for a speech to a Wealth Preservation conference, where I'll be talking about the importance of fighting international bureaucracies (such as the OECD) that are trying to hinder the flow of jobs and capital from high-tax nations to low-tax jurisdictions. To put it bluntly, I want to make it easier for people to "Go Galt" and protect themselves from rapacious politicians. Given what has happened in Europe, this battle is getting more important every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment